Re: Find Bar

From: Alexander Haro <amduser29_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 27 2008 - 18:46:14 CET

Hi,

You brought up some very interesting points, thank you. I think the
regular expressions would be useful, but you are right they might not
belong in the find bar itself. I would be open to the idea of making
them part of the "advanced" find dialog. In regards to putting
replace in the new find bar, I think it would be a really good idea.
However, I would have to be careful not to make the interface too
cluttered and confusing to the users. Any ideas in regards to both
these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I would like to make my intentions clear. I am hoping to do
this as part of the GSoC program, but I have real desire to see this
implemented even if I am not selected. I find that most find dialogs
in word processors are often too clunky and just get in the way,
especially for simple searches. Therefore, I feel that this would be
a really useful feature to have in AbiWord.

Thanks
Alex