Annotating a multiblock selection (Re: msevior - r24029 - abiword/trunk/src/text/fmt/xp)

From: Omer Zak <w1_at_zak.co.il>
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 14:52:22 CEST

Very good discussion - debugging a feature specification and debating
whether it is desirable at all.

I suggest to approach the question also from the following point of
Are there any use cases, in which it is desirable to annotate a
multi-block selection?

Even if there are such use cases (and at the moment I have no idea what
they could be), is it possible to handle them with a pair of
annotations:
1. "Annotation N: " + Annotation text + " P.S.: this is beginning of the
relevant text"
2. "This is end of the text relevant to annotation N"
(actual text can be different/binary/hidden if so desired; N is a
running annotation ID number)

                                         --- Omer

--
You haven't made an impact on the world before you caused a Debian
release to be named after Snufkin.