Keyboard handling intrinsics

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 10:05:04 CEST

Hi Tomas,

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Tomas Frydrych <tf@o-hand.com> wrote:

[...]

> If you need any clarifications regarding how the text-rendering part of
> the graphics class works for this, just poke me. (Moving toward cairo is
> the right thing to do, and as the Pango maintainers more or less
> consider the FT2 backend deprecated, sooner is probably better; the 4
> months estimate sounds about right to me. I also think this would be so
> significant change that when it is ready, it would merit a major release
> of it's own.)

Thanks, for the moment I've gotten away with very isolated changes (in
the gfx code).
The X specifics in the keyboard handling are not as obvious it would
be great if you could give advice.

In ev_UnixKeyboard::keyPressEvent() the case "if (e->state &
or other keys).
Is that possibly because shortcuts using <ctrl> are already filtered
at accelerator level?

In the same file the function s_getAltMask() tries to find out how
modifier keys are mapped. Is this really needed or can we just assume
a sane setup? Or maybe there is a way implementing this using portable
gdk functionality? I would like to get rid of non-portable code.

Thanks,
Rob