Re: AbiWord 2.7.0 plans

From: Tomas Frydrych <tf_at_o-hand.com>
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 09:08:46 CEST

Hi Rob,

Robert Staudinger wrote:
> Regarding cairo, it seems that the maintainers have already decided
> it's off the plate for 2.8. I don't have a strong opinion on this
> really, just so you know, it should be possible to get it ready for
> prime time within, say, 4 months. At least the gtk version.

If you need any clarifications regarding how the text-rendering part of
the graphics class works for this, just poke me. (Moving toward cairo is
the right thing to do, and as the Pango maintainers more or less
consider the FT2 backend deprecated, sooner is probably better; the 4
months estimate sounds about right to me. I also think this would be so
significant change that when it is ready, it would merit a major release
of it's own.)

Tomas