Re: AbiWord 2.7.0 plans

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 02:42:51 CEST

Hi Rob,
          I don't have any particular freeze date in mind. I guess we
should just consider what is best for our users?
We have two nice new features, annotations and curly quotes. These
could be ready for widespread use in a month or two.
I think we could also remove the redraw timer provided we make sure
there are no regressions.

Given this, one reasonable thing to do is just release 2.8.0 when
we're happy, then release 2.10 after the GSoC projects are ready.

In the past we've kind of had the idea of saving up lots of new
features or major codebase changes for a major release.

Maybe we should look at more frequent releases of major versions with
smaller changes between them.

So for example I have no problem if 2.8 is rapidly superseded by 2.10
since that way our users get new features faster.