Re: AbiWord 2.7.0 plans

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 23:41:07 CEST

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 1:37 AM, sum1abi@gmail.com <sum1abi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Marc and I have been discussing a possible 2.7.0 release on #abiword,
> and we're looking for your input on how to proceed. It seems like we
> have two options, as of now. We can release 2.7.0 fairly soon and
> push cairo integration off until 2.9.0 (to give adequate time for
> testing) or we can delay 2.7.0 until the cairo work is ready. As I
> see it, this is how the two options break down ('+' for a benefit, '-'
> for a drawback):

Regarding cairo, it seems that the maintainers have already decided
it's off the plate for 2.8. I don't have a strong opinion on this
really, just so you know, it should be possible to get it ready for
prime time within, say, 4 months. At least the gtk version.

My other plans for 2.8 were to get gettext support done and implement
our own colour combos for the toolbar, so we don't need to drag in
goffice stuff outside the goffice plugin (and the parts that's been
assimilated). Both of these are rather local changes and easy to test.

In the light of the recent IRC discussions, does anyone have a freeze
date in mind already?

- Rob