Re: abiwidget with odt files - question for rob

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 11 2008 - 11:35:52 CET

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Daniel Carvalho <idnael@gmail.com> wrote:
> i again!
>
> i'm compiling abiword with
> ./configure --enable-dynamic
> Should i put the "--enable-libabiword" option also?

I thought you were building SVN trunk! Just use --enable-dynamic I
think. I most recently built everything with trunk. With TRUNK
definitely just put

./configure --enable-dynamic --prefix=/path/to/install

and NO --enable-libabiword

> In pyabiword, i'm using
> ./configure --with-abiword=/home/daniel/Desktop/ABI/abiword-2.6.4
> (which is the path to the abiword source code...)
>
> And i have this compile error:
> pyabiwordmodule.cpp:12:24: error: libabiword.h: No such file or directory
> pyabiwordmodule.cpp: In function 'void initabiword()':
> pyabiwordmodule.cpp:26: error: 'libabiword_init' was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [pyabiwordmodule.lo] Error 1

In building pyabiword, you just need to make sure abiword-2.6.pc is
discoverable by configure. You don't use
--with-abiword="..." instead make sure the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
variable contains the directory with
abiword-2.6.pc in it.

My .bashrc file has:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/msevior/abidir/lib/pkgconfig
export PYTHONPATH=/home/msevior/abidir/lib/python2.5/site-packages

To set these environment variables at login.