Re: Multi-Page View UI

From: James D <jamesgecko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 21:03:27 CET

w00t. Thanks for finishing this in my absence. :-)

My original intent was to copy Word and OpenOffice.org, and put some
additional controls in the View -> Zoom -> Zoom... dialog.
This would allow the user to select an arbitrary number of pages to
show at "Page width" zoom level.

================
Zoom to

O 200%
O 100%
O 75%
O Page width
O Whole page
O Percent:
 [ 100% |^/v]

{Then to the right of that}

[x] Display multiple pages
[ ] Automatic {Selecting this uses the current multipage behavior,
disables the spinbox below, and switches from "Page width" to "75%"
zoom level}
 [ 2 |^/v] {Setting this to a value will just make that number of
pages fit in the window, no matter what size it is. Would work with
Page width zoom level.}

> One suggestion I might add (without trying it) is adding a custom zoom
> level called "two pages" (in the toolbar) that sets the zoom such that
> you can fit two pages in the current window size. Might make the
> feature more discoverable.

That's also good. :-)

 --James