Re: Multi-Page View UI

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 12:49:18 CET

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 13:11 +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 7:03 AM, James D <jamesgecko@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ================
> > Zoom to
> >
> > O 200%
> > O 100%
> > O 75%
> > O Page width
> > O Whole page
> > O Percent:
> > [ 100% |^/v]
> >
> > {Then to the right of that}
> >
> > [x] Display multiple pages
> > [ ] Automatic {Selecting this uses the current multipage behavior,
> > disables the spinbox below, and switches from "Page width" to "75%"
> > zoom level}
> > [ 2 |^/v] {Setting this to a value will just make that number of
> > pages fit in the window, no matter what size it is. Would work with
> > Page width zoom level.}
> > ================
> >

> Adding this to the zoom dialog would round off the feature nicely. We
> would make sure "automatic" was checked by default.
>
> I haven't heard anybody say that we should do multipage views in
> "normal" mode. Is that correct?
>
> Finally, Ryan, if I get this up and running on gtk can you modify the
> windows dialog to do it too?

Do we really want all those options in the zoom dialog ? The options
seem awfully complex for most users (heck, i know a lot of people who
don't even know what "zooming a document" is).

IMO, we should answer this question first: "Why would anyone NOT have
this feature enabled?". My limited mind can't really come up with
something ;)

Bye!
  Marc

PS. I do kinda like Ryan's "show 2 pages"-zoom proposal. That's a
typical setting that would be useful for anyone writing a paper/book,
since it allows you to see the pages side by side.