Re: Fw: version/specification of Ispell dictionaries

From: Luis Rivera <jlrn7_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 19:04:53 CET

--- On Wed, 11/19/08, Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz@gmail.com> wrote:

> We got it the first time.
>
> At this point, I consider AbiWord's Ispell support to
> be "legacy" and
> don't imagine supporting dictionaries other than those
> hosted on our
> site. I'd suggest looking into how to build a Myspell
> dictionary
> instead.

I do have a MySpell (actually, Hunspell compatible) dictionary, but I didn't know I could use that on AbiWord. So should I just put it in the dictionaries directory and that would be all? Should I edit the ispell_dictionary_list.xml or some other file?

By the way, there seems to be no info about this topic (supporting MySpell dictionaries) in the wiki, and I tried to build Enchant for Windows unsuccesfully.

Now deeply curious,

-----
J.L.Rivera, MPhil.
O< ASCII Ribbon Campaign --- http://www.asciiribbon.org/