Re: Fw: version/specification of Ispell dictionaries

From: Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 19:43:38 CET

> I think you forget that we don't support MySpell on Win32. We only
> support ispell atm.

No, I haven't forgotten that. I'd like for us to start using Enchant
on Win32 - the sooner, the better. But I've been saying that for years
now. I'd argue that we've never truly "supported" Ispell. We're
capable of using a small, outdated subset of Ispell dictionaries whose
build options we've never documented. The fact that Ispell's file
format is so fragile is regrettable. I wrote Enchant because:

1) we don't support Ispell
2) and the alternatives are better

Besides, I included a link to the code that "documents" the Ispell
dictionary build options.

Cheers,
Dom