Re: GSEAL migration

From: J.M. Maurer <uwog_at_uwog.net>
Date: Sat Apr 18 2009 - 12:43:02 CEST

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 04:09 -0500, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > To be able to build with GSEAL() enabled (that will be mandatory for gtk
> > 3.0), we'd need to bump the gtk requirement to 2.14.
> >
> > Any objection?
> >
> > Hub
> >

> What exactly does this involve? What distributions does this make our
> minimum requirement effectively? (What has 2.14?) Could this be done in
> a branch, as ifdefs, or should it be directly integrated immediately?

Fedora 10 has it to start.

I'm against a branch (no-one would use it effectively), and ifdef's will
probably be really ugly.

I'd hate it if hardly any distro could use abiword 2.8 because of this
patch, but knowing us by the time we ship 2.8, most popular distro's
will already have gtk 2.14 :)

So I'm inclined to say "commit it"!

  Marc