Re: frt - r27479 - abiword/trunk/plugins/openxml/imp/xp

From: Firat Kiyak <firatkiyak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 02 2009 - 23:11:50 CEST

Hi Dominic,

There are two useful cases I can think of for warning messages. First,
if a user imports a broken file and if things don't look as the user
expected, then the user will blame Abiword without knowing that the
file is invalid. I think warning messages help us in this case.
Second, warning messages will also help the community. If a user sees
a warning message, he will have a chance to file a bug against the
producer application. The producer might be us, might be OOo or some
other application.

However, I think you are right in that I should focus on step 4 first
since it is very important, then we can worry about steps 1-3 if we
want to implement them.

Firat