Re: Site Redesign Project

From: Keith Bowes <zooplah_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 19:45:49 CEST

If it's not broken, don't fix it :) It's one of the few sites that
don't come with horizontal scrollbars in my browser (I know, my fault
for using a low resolution instead of getting glasses). The only
problem is the same as with all table-based sites, non-graphical
browsers (including search engines) see the links to other pages
before (and hence as more important than) the content. It's amazing
how divs and the CSS float property allows you to have your cake and
eat it too.

I personally wouldn't use a CMS. They're horribly slow. I mean, I
use a blog, but I still notice how snappy my static XHTML documents
(with some SSI) appear and how long it takes the blog to come through.