Re: dom - r25864 - in abiword/trunk: . plugins/rsvg/unix src/af/gr/gtk src/af/gr/xp src/af/util/xp src/text/fmt/xp src/wp

From: Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Mar 08 2009 - 16:47:45 CET

> BTW, what does Cairo use to render SVGs? When I add an SVG to my AbiWord
> document, it looks really purty, but when I hit print-preview (ie.
> gererate a PDF) it looks a whole lot worse.

They look ok here, even when zoomed heavily. I've been using librsvg's
"samples" directory as my test suite.

I don't quite understand your first question, though. librsvg uses
cairo to render the SVGs. Cairo uses the primitives in its backends to
do the drawing. In the case of print preview, that would be PDF's
native drawing operators.

If a cairo backend can't represent something natively, it will
rasterize part of the image and draw that instead. Maybe that's what's
looking ugly for you.

Best,

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly
recognizes genius.