Re: Roadmap for AbiWord 3.0

From: Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 17 2009 - 15:32:17 CET

Several benefits include:

* Many (the majority?) of translators are familiar with and already use gettext
* There are tools (including automated tools) that work with gettext
* The code is maintained by someone other than us

You get none of those benefits with a proprietary format.

--
"I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization." --  Oliver Wendell Holmes