Re: Unicode branch merged, needs debugging

From: Kathiravelu Pradeeban <kk.pradeeban_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Nov 23 2009 - 22:06:26 CET

Hi,
I am listing the bugs / TODOs as in the final commit revision 28092
(Sep 1) of gsoc2009unicode branch.
Here I use Arabic to mention the Unicode only text as I used Arabic
and English as my major testing languages during the latter part of
the development.

**I have marked some bugs as critical since they are not limited to
Unicode only languages, other bugs are occurring for the unicode only
language [Arabic] only.**

=== (1) File ===
1. New using Template - Title, labels, buttons - all garbage.
2. Print - Shows English, even for Arabic Interface.
3. Properties - Garbage in buttons, labels.

=== (2) Insert ===
1. Field - Listboxes - All Garbage [Critical]
2. Image - *Crahes* - Insert Image Dialog not starting, after the
change in xap_Win32Dlg_FileOpenSaveAs.cpp [Critical]

=== (3) Format ===
1. Paragraph - Combo boxes - Garbage [Critical]
       Preview - Garbage
       Buttons, Title, Frame - Shows English for Arabic Interface

2. Bullets & Numbering - No Title.
                            Others - Garbage.
                      Combo boxes - Garbage [Critical]
[This is due to the fact that ap_Win32Dialog_Lists.cpp hasn't been
ported to unicode.]

3, Tabs
4. Headers & Footers
These [3 and 4] are shown in English even for Arabic. The issue is
with XAP_Win32DialogHelper.cpp as Marc pointed out in one of his
recent posts regarding the merge.

5. Table of Contents - OK Button - Garbage.
Invisible Labels - [of Stylist]

6. Create & Modify Styles - Garbage.
List Combo - Garbage [Critical]

=== (4) Tools ===
1. Set Language - Tree view - (first letter only, in case of English)
Garbage. [Critical]
2. Stylist - Tree view - Empty [Critical]
These [2 and 3] show there exists problem with the porting of the TreeView item.

3. Preferences - Smart Quotes Tab - English
**Change Interface Language - Not functioning properly**
ap_Win32Dialog_Options.cpp has to be analyzed.

The dialogs that are not listed above as TODOs/bugs are working
perfect**** with Unicode only languages.
RTL text in title, keyboard and keyman input, menu, title bar, status
bar, and dialogs are fine as other text.

**** These statistics are from gsoc2009unicode branch[1], which was
last committed on Sep1. After the merge, there may be some changes in
the list above.

Thank you.
Regards.
Pradeeban.