Re: Another assignment for GSoC students

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Apr 11 2010 - 11:00:54 CEST

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Roshan Singh <singh.roshan08@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Martin Sevior <msevior@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi GSoC'er's,
>>
>> I've been asked privately for how to improve one's chances of being
>> accepted into GSoC program for the GUI dialog project.
>>
>> The answer I gave was the following:
>>
>> The Borders and Shading dialog which is the core of this project will
>> share a lot of the same code with the
>> src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_FormatFrame.(cpp,h) dialog, along with the
>> platform code in the gtk,win32 and OSX directories.
>>
>> You will improve your chances of being selected if you can clearly
>> explain how you will reuse the code from
>> src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_FormatFrame.(cpp,h)
>> in the Paragraph Borders and Shading dialogs.
>
> I have not applied for this project, still i am trying to figure out a
> solution for it. Can you elaborate the problem statement. Do I need to
> find out find functions/code to create the dialog ? Do I need to find
> the code that will be used for border shading?

You need to look at code used in the other dialogs and describe how
you will reuse it for the Borders&shading dialog. I'm particularly
interested in see how applicants will restructure the code to make
child instances of generic classes. In addition which functions and
methods can be placed into a generic class and reused in the
border&shading, FormatFrame and FormatTable dialogs.