Re: extra assignment for gsocers

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 12 2010 - 09:27:04 CEST

Hi Sumi,
            Have a go at the rectangular selection of cells first.
Here is a start of what to do:

It may be worth swapping the order of the project to do the
rectangular selections first. I think this is easier and will be a
good way to learn your way around the codebase. The initial
modifications required are in
FV_View_protected.cpp:_extSelToPos(PT_DocPoistion pos)

You need to modify this code to select the collection of table cells
within a rectangular region defined for the iLeft, IRight,iBot ITop of
the selection anchor anchor and the currrent mouse position.

Much of the code has already been written to you need to modify it so
that it selects just the rectangular region not all the cells between
the anchor and current drag position.

Once the cells are selected into the m_Selection.;
structure you can draw the selected cells in the
_drawBetweenPositions(..) method.

Can you work out how to do it in general terms?

Cheers,