Re: GSoC students for 2010

From: Obin Hickory <obin.hickory_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 06:29:13 CEST

> Additional note: I merged the performance improving "lognpt" branch from
> last year's GSoC into trunk just before creating the branch for Ersin.
> This means he can finish the lognpt work in his branch. As soon as we
> consider it good enough, we'll merge that branch back to trunk, and
> create a new branch for his "Different Pages per Document" work.
> I hope lognpt wasn't too broken :-P

I have a bad news: it breaks on Mac, that's for sure.

First clock_gettime() isn't available. Disabling the BENCHLAYOUT helps.

Second, there is an attempt to access a protected member. I wonder why
that one didn't get caught prior to your commit, but I wildly guess
difference in compilers.

Attached a patch for review.

Cheers,