Re: AbiWidget and Windows

From: Robert Staudinger <robert.staudinger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jul 20 2010 - 14:03:34 CEST

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Fridrich Strba
<fridrich.strba@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> Just wondering what are the configure options for that. Maybe something
> like --with-win32-toolkit=native --with-win32-toolkit=gtk could be nice
> with the first as default if nothing is passed.
>
> I would not mind to give it a try from time to time in my
> cross-environment to prevent the bits from rotting.

Right it seems the patch to enable win32/gtk build didn't make it into
master back then. I had something like --enable-toolkit=gtk that
overrules the PLATFORM and TOOLKIT variables in configure.in (would
vote against "win32" in the argument name so you can use the same
option to build the gtk version on osx once the planets align).

Might be able to revive this if there's interest (recalling one nasty
instance where the gtk code depends on xlib's XParseGeometry, turned
out patching that was quite intrusive, maybe it could just be disabled
on gtk/win32).

- Rob