Re: Abiword conversion

From: Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 12:54:10 CEST

Hi Diego,

All Unix versions of AbiWord require that the GTK+ libraries are
installed. It should be noted that you don't need a running XServer in
order to do command line conversions with AbiWord. You just need the
libraries (*.so) present on your system.

However, AbiWord supports doing file conversions via the command line. Eg.

Input: AbiWord --to=html foo.doc
Output: foo.html

There are a lot of options. All file formats are supported, provided
that the plugins are installed. And you can convert via stdin/stdout
too.

Best,
Dom

--
"I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization." --  Oliver Wendell Holmes