Abiword Unicode build on Windows

From: Dominique Rochefort <issasamb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 17:24:15 CEST

  Hello Pradeeban,

My name is Dominique and I am working with ANAFA in Senegal, Africa.
We are translating Abiword into some local african languages in order to
teach neo literates to use a computer.

We are facing the problem that the special unicode characters of our
languages are not displayed properly in the Abiword interface on
Windows, and we've been told that is because Abiword on Windows is not a
unicode build.

I wanted to know if the project is still alive.
How much work has to be done to achieve the goal of the project?
I would probably be interested to contribute to make this happen.

Best regards,

Dominique Rochefort
ANAFA
Dakar, Sénégal