Re: Status of AbiWord Pootle hosting

From: Kathiravelu Pradeeban <kk.pradeeban_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jun 05 2011 - 18:19:45 CEST

Hi,
To summarize what Chirs has already explained, this initiative will be
an addition to the current process, and will *not* replace the current
process, at any time. So if you are comfortable with the current
process (offline translation and sending the file to the mailing
list), you can always be doing the same. It is upto the localization
teams to decide.

I feel letting the Pootle server to commit directly (or in other
words, *giving it commit rights*) is still open for discussion. Hope
we can think of that, after some experiment with Pootle. For now, it
will be a good tool for everyone for a collaborative translation,
where after a considerable revision or changes made, or periodically
after a considerable time, the language admin (or some other
translator) can send the po to abiword mailing list. IMO, that will in
fact give the translators more freedom to translate frequently,
without worrying about committing in frequent chunks.

Thanks a lot Chris for coming up with this initiative. From the
discussions I had with the translators, I feel that many of them are
interested with this initiative. Hope more language teams will find
your Pootle hosting useful.

Thank you.
Regards,
Pradeeban.