Fwd: [IAEP] The OLPC Australia programme in action

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jun 15 2011 - 02:30:59 CEST

Hi everyone,

AbiWord is the foundation of the OLPC Word Processing program "Write".
As such we've played an important part in the software of the OLPC
project. There are 1-2 million OLPC XO's distributed around around the
world. Within Australia approximately 20,000 have been distributed to
remote communities already with plans to distribute up 400,000.

Here is a nice video showing the XO's in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO-VNhgZLDw

It's great to see our software being used for such a fantastic application.