Nice to meet you and let's work!

From: Fabiano Fidncio <fabiano_at_fidencio.org>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2011 - 03:05:55 CET

Howdy!

Firstly, I'm Fabiano Fidncio, a simple brazilian student that want
mix work and fun!
I appeared in the #abiword channel a week ago interested in one
possible GSoC's propose.
So, I talked, mainly, with Martin Sevior and I got to meet another
great guys in the channel. :-).

Backing to my GSoC's propose. I'm interested on fix/improve OS X GUI.
What's my motivation? Simple, I'm a AbiWord user when I'm using Linux
and, in the last week, using Mac OS, I tried using AbiWord and I could
note that it's outdated when compared to Linux package. Okay. I got
the source from SVN, read the docs and wiki to build and ... docs and
wiki are outdated. With a bit of work I could build the latest SVN on
Mac and, now, I can use AbiWord here ... but not so much. AbiWord, for
now, is able to create and save documents, but can't open another any
document :-(

So, after this, I really think that we can do a great work to improve
and sane AbiWord to run on OS X.

Now, the most important reason of this mail.
Can I update docs (and wiki) info about how to build AbiWord on Mac?
Or is better if I postpone it and update only when AbiWord is running
without crashes?
In the first case, could someone give me access to edit Wiki? Can I
change the configure.ac to check for all compile dependencies of
AbiWord?

For now, is it! And if you want to know a little more about my person
and/or my free software contributions, please, ask me in #abiword. (My
nickname is fidencio)

Best Regards,

--
Fabiano Fidncio