Re: [patch] Updating info to build Abi Word on Mac OS X

From: Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2011 - 05:44:28 CET

On 11-03-19 1:18 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
>> Ohhh Xun, you're right!
>> > My fault! I'll fix it and then send again (but not in this wekeend).
> Xun, looking here, libxslt is dependency from gtk2.
> What you think better, compile gtk2 wiping flags or just nevermind
> about libxslt?
> (Okay, I'm a vicious ... and I can't comply with "but not in this weeked).

Gtk2 has NEVER been a dependency for AbiWord on MacOS X. Pango and
Cairo, yes, and only since June 2009 (I think it was 2.7.x). Not sure
this was a good idea for several reasons, including the fact that
Pango-Cairo still relies on deprecated MacOS APIs.

There is some imperfect documentation to build on Mac:

http://www.abisource.com/wiki/Compiling_AbiWord_on_Mac
http://www.abisource.com/wiki/AbiMacSDK

It is not perfect but it can be a good starter point.

Note that using the "AbiMacSDK" is a hack, and still don't lead to a
self-contained application bundle.

Have fun

Hub