Re: [patch] Updating info to build Abi Word on Mac OS X

From: Fabiano Fidêncio <fabiano_at_fidencio.org>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2011 - 06:32:25 CET

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Hubert Figuiere <hfiguiere@teaser.fr> wrote:

> On 11-03-19 1:18 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
>>>
>>> Ohhh Xun, you're right!
>>
>> Xun, looking here, libxslt is dependency from gtk2.
>> What you think better, compile gtk2 wiping flags or just nevermind
>> about libxslt?
>> (Okay, I'm a vicious ... and I can't comply with "but not in this weeked).
>>

> Gtk2 has NEVER been a dependency for AbiWord on MacOS X. Pango and Cairo,
> yes, and only since June 2009 (I think it was 2.7.x). Not sure this was a
> good idea for several reasons, including the fact that Pango-Cairo still
> relies on deprecated MacOS APIs.

Hub, I was reviewing "use flags" and you're right!
I was compiling gtk2 explicit just to avoid to compile all x11
(un)necessary stuffs but I missed that libgsf can compiled using
"no_gnome" option.
Thanks :-)

> There is some imperfect documentation to build on Mac:
>
> http://www.abisource.com/wiki/Compiling_AbiWord_on_Mac
> http://www.abisource.com/wiki/AbiMacSDK
>
> It is not perfect but it can be a good starter point.

It was and I'm trying to update it. This is more than 1,5 years out of date.
Could I update the Wiki (and docs) to compile using MacPorts stuffs?

> Note that using the "AbiMacSDK" is a hack, and still don't lead to a
> self-contained application bundle.

IMHO maintain AbiMacSDK to avoid that someone that wants compile
AbiWord (compile, not just use), but does not wanna install MacPorts,
may be an overkill.

> Have fun
>
> Hub

Best Regards,