Re: Unhappy about tools and update policy

From: Keith BOWES <zooplah_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 28 2011 - 03:18:06 CEST

Je 2011-Maj-27 je 21:05, Pjotr skribis:

> First the tools. I feel that, as a translation volunteer, I *really*
> should have better tools to do the job. Meaning fine tools like
> Transifex or Pootle, which are quite common in open source
> translations.

Well, you can use a tool like poEdit or KBabel to work with the PO files.
I personally just use Vim, as I do on Transifex (use Vim and then upload
the updated version, not doing it inline on the site, which is
annoying). The only thing is the command-line porting and backporting
scripts, but eh, I like the command line.

> Right now, I feel lack of motivation to continue with translating
> Abiword. I'm considering shifting my time and effort to other open
> source translation projects, that suit my expectations better. But I
> hope it won't come to that.

What's the problem? They'll make it in eventually. And I'm not sure
that it's right to say that they never make it into stable versions. I
think the problem here is that Abiword 2.8 is EOL.