Unhappy about tools and update policy

From: Pjotr <pliniusminor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri May 27 2011 - 21:10:41 CEST

I'm very unhappy about the tools and update policy concerning
translations of Abiword.

First the tools. I feel that, as a translation volunteer, I *really*
should have better tools to do the job. Meaning fine tools like
Transifex or Pootle, which are quite common in open source
translations.

Then the update policy. I disagree with the current policy, which is
that only translations of the development version are being uploaded.
Meaning: no uploads for the stable version. This may cause an
unnecessary delay for the appearance of new translations in Linux
distributions.

Right now, I feel lack of motivation to continue with translating
Abiword. I'm considering shifting my time and effort to other open
source translation projects, that suit my expectations better. But I
hope it won't come to that.