Re: Unhappy about tools and update policy

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 28 2011 - 15:43:13 CEST

Hi everyone,

I think we still have an 2.8.7 release due. uwog just needs to decide to do it.

After that it's full throttle on 3.0.

With regards to the translation tools. I think we could gain from the
services offered by Chris and the OLPC team. I get the feeling that
uwog is kind of overloaded right now. If another committer could step
up to the plate and work with Chris and the OLPC pootle service, i
think we could gain some significant traction on translations.
Particularly with translations from OLPC deployment regions. There are
a number of regions and languages were OLPC is strong and AbiWord has
no translations/

BTW sorry for my lack of visibility recently. I expect to make a
stronger contribution over the next few weeks.