Re: Unhappy about tools and update policy

From: Kathiravelu Pradeeban <kk.pradeeban_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 30 2011 - 22:00:30 CEST

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Kathiravelu Pradeeban
> <kk.pradeeban@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>> Thanks a lot for willing to help AbiWord on this. Apologies everyone
>> for the delay in the response from our end on this regard.
>>
>> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Martin Sevior <msevior@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I think we still have an 2.8.7 release due. uwog just needs to decide to do it.
>>>
>>> After that it's full throttle on 3.0.
>>>
>>> With regards to the translation tools. I think we could gain from the
>>> services offered by Chris and the OLPC team. I get the feeling that
>>> uwog is kind of overloaded right now. If another committer could step
>>
>> True. Marc (uwog) is overloaded now. I would be happy to work with
>> OLPC team on this from AbiWord' end. Nevertheless, I would also like
>> hear from Marc on this.
>
> Pradeeban,
>
> I'd be happy to work with you on this collaboration.  Marc (uwog) is
> well known around the Sugar community (often hanging out on our IRC
> channels) and I respect the fact that the is busy.  I believe we will
> be able to resolve most issues without bothering him, although I too
> would value his feedback.
>
> It's a holiday weekend here in the US (Memorial Day), I may not be
> able to work on this too much until Tuesday, but here are some initial
> thoughts.

Hi Chris,
Hope you are having a great holiday. Thanks for your excellent
analysis. It is nice to see some constructive discussion in this
thread regarding the localization tools and policy. AbiWord has highly
motivated localization teams of many languages. I hope our
collaboration will be advantageous for both the communities'
localization teams. I hope to hang out on the Sugar community irc's
this weekend.

Devs and localization experts,
Pls let us know if you have any suggestion on this, or if you want to
discuss anything further in the mean time.

Thank you.
Regards,
Pradeeban.

--