Re: Unhappy about tools and update policy

From: Keith BOWES <zooplah_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 31 2011 - 05:31:07 CEST

Je 2011-May-28 je 23:05, Pjotr skribis:

> @Morten:
> well, the great thing about both Transifex and Pootle is, they give
> you both their great online tools *and* the choice, if you wish, to
> download the .po file and do the translation by hand (or by means of
> other applications of your picking).

For the maintainer of projects, the good point is that they can merge
all the translations into their project, rather than having to
constantly have to commit new and updated translations as they're
submitted to the mailing list.

It probably would be easier for both translators and the core
developers, at least in the long run.

> Plus they provide the means for locking a .po file temporarily
Yeah, I have to manually unlock it every time I update my Midnight
Commander translation.