Re: Unhappy about tools and update policy

From: Pjotr <pliniusminor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat May 28 2011 - 23:44:42 CEST

@Morten:
well, the great thing about both Transifex and Pootle is, they give
you both their great online tools *and* the choice, if you wish, to
download the .po file and do the translation by hand (or by means of
other applications of your picking).

Plus they provide the means for locking a .po file temporarily, add
suggestions for collaborators and so on and so forth. Undoubtedly,
they make it easier for new people to start participating in
translating.

Another great feature of Transifex and Pootle is, that they leave the
choice to *the translators*, whether or not they wish to take the
trouble to upload a translation for the *stable* version as well as
for the development version.

@everybody:
All in all, I've seen some encouraging responses to my initial message
in this thread. I really hope that the Abiword developers will make
this change happen.