Re: Copy/paste

From: Hubert Figuière <hfiguiere_at_teaser.fr>
Date: Sat Apr 14 2012 - 20:27:26 CEST

On 14/04/12 10:13 AM, Simon Larochelle wrote:

> I am trying to fix bug 12591: text box properties not conserved when
> using cut/paste. My problem is that the border is defined quite
> differently in the RTF specification (single shape object) and in our
> implementation (four independent segments, each with its own color and
> thickness). How do we handle these cases in order to keep the internal
> cut/paste lossless?

What was done in the past is that we added some custom RTF keyword
(starting with abi) and used that, at least for cut & paste.

My take is that we should stop using RTF as our cut and paste format
because that's stupid, and the argument of "it will force us to maintain
RTF support" failed. Given the features and model difference, it has
proven to be bad.

But for the short term, use custom RTF keyword.

Hub