Re: Welcome to our new GSoC students

From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 24 2012 - 04:53:09 CEST

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Martin Sevior <msevior@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Here is our selection of incoming students for 2012, together with
> their projects and mentors
>
> Dialog improvements  - Vincent (zuyin kang) - to be mentored by Pradeeban
> Implement and Improve the import and export of math from/to odt, doc &
> docx formats - Prashant Bafna - to be mentored by Jean.
> Table Improvements - Kousik Kumar -  to be mentored by Simon
> Implement Rotated Text - aaditya         - to be mentored by Martin
> Improve ODF support - Tanya Guza - to be mentored by Hub
> Improving Abiword's OpenXML(.docx) support - serhatkiyak - to be mentored by Dom
>
> Welcome Vincent, Prashant, Kousik, Tanya and Serhatkiyak !
>
> Thank you to everyone who applied to the abiword project. We had 29
> applications and could only pick 6. Please feel welcome to participate
> in the abiword community in whatever way you wish. We welcome all
> contributions as we are all volunteers on this project.
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

Welcome,

I cannot help but think of every community member as a potential
localizer or recruiter of localizers. The diversity of names hints at
some non-english language skills posssibly lurking out there and I
would invite everyone to check on the status of the abiword.2.9.dev.po
file for their favorite language at:

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/upstream_POT/

If your mother tongue is not listed and you'd be interested in making
Abiword available in that language. let me know and we'll get it set
up for translation.

Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator