Re: Regarding a concept for Enchant in Abiword

From: Martin Sevior <msevior_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2012 - 14:16:07 CET

Hi Atri,

For a start all communications regarding any help I give you will also
be sent to the abiword-dev mailing list. You should no longer email me
privately and I'll always respond to the abiword-dev mailing list.

1. You should build abiword, link-grammar and the grammar checking
plugin abigrammer.
2. Look at the abigrammer plugin code that identifies suspect sentences.
3. Propose a system that will make suggestions to correct grammatical mistakes.
4. Make a case that the system you propose will actually work.

This is a hard problem and I can't help but be skeptical. You will
have to make a case that you can do this and convince us that it will
work. Some sort of working prototype will be needed.

Good Luck!

Martin