GSoC Idea ->

From: Sunny Guha <eosaten_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2012 - 21:50:32 CET

Sir,

My name is Sunny Guha and I am pursuing MSc Physics (2nd year) in BITS
Pilani Goa Campus. Sir I am applying for GSoC and I wanted to propose
an idea for Abiword.

Abiword's mainpage describes it as "AbiWord is a free word processing
program similar to Microsoft® Word."
Microsoft has gone through a UI revolution and has adopted a ribbon
interface and Metro from Windows 8. After using it everyone found it
to be easier than the menu interface, so it turned out to be a good
thing.

Abiword is still uses to menu style UI which gives it a pre-2005 feel
and makes it look dated. Gnome has come up with Gnome shell which
opened new dimensions of UI. My idea is to revamp Abiword's UI to
Riboon style or some other style.

Sir, is it an idea which Abiword would like to pursue ?
Will you mentor this (if it is worth) or guide me to someone who is willing ?

Thanking You