GSoC Project: Improve docx format support

From: Serhat Kiyak <kiyak_at_ug.bilkent.edu.tr>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2012 - 21:21:34 CEST

Hi Abiword devs,

I am a 3rd year Computer Science student at Bilkent University, Turkey. I
am interested in GSOC projects, particularly improving docx format
support. I would like to learn if there is a set of improvements that
should be included in the application for docx support. Is there a list of
docx properties & features that are not supported in Abiword today? I have
observed a few bugs in Abiword docx filters when opening/saving large
documents, so there is definitely a few areas to improve, but I would like
to push my application beyond bug fixes.

Thanks,
Serhat