Re: AbiWord L10n status

From: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2012 - 17:48:12 CEST

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Svante Signell
<svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-18 at 11:14 -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Svante Signell

>> I would not change those strings.
>>
>> & is an accelerator (offering a keyboard shortcut to a menu item).
>
> I see, no changes will be made for these things when I'm registered.

Well, It would be great if you could do a review of the pulldown menu
items in a re cent development release to make sure that there are no
"shortcut collisions". The same applies for any localizer in any
language.

IMHO, accelerators are one of the least understood elements of all
L10n, and I suspect that they simply do not get the testing that they
deserve (which typically must be done by a native speaker).

I doubt that anyone would object to changes that were made
thoughtfully on the basis of a pulldown menu review with attention to
providing unique accelerator shortcuts for the items in a given menu.

cjl