Re: GSOC 2013- Debug Output for abiword

From: Kathiravelu Pradeeban <kk.pradeeban_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 20 2013 - 16:16:39 CEST

Hi Sai Krishna,
Glad to hear you got the debug build right. Answering your previous
question on being unable to send email to the mailing list - the
commonest reason for this is, you are sending Rich Text Emails. Make
sure to change your email sender settings to plain text mode in your
gmail or other email provider/application. Otherwise, your mails will
be dropped by the email server.

You can find a presentation on applying to GSoC, focusing on AbiWord
at [1]. I can understand that you are not experienced in open source
projects. Working on an on open source project requires much of
self-learning, and getting selected to a particular project at GSoC at
times may be highly competitive. Probably, if you can provide a patch
to some known bugs of AbiWord (or to any other organization that you
are interested in), that will increase your chance of proving that you
are good at algorithms in C++ (or any other skill sets that you claim
to have).

Why do you think you prefer AbiWord, and what makes you pick this
particular project? IMO, only you can identify and pick the project
that matches your interests and expertise.

I hope I have answered your questions. All the best for your application.

[1] http://kkpradeeban.blogspot.com/2011/12/google-summer-of-code-2012.html

Regards,
Pradeeban.

--