abiword bug (display of .docx documents)

From: Globe Trotter <itsme_410_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 06 2013 - 17:33:58 CET

 Hello,

I am assuming that this ML is active. I am using abiword-2.8.6-18.fc18.x86_64 rpm for Fedora 18.

I have a problem with displaying documents such as at

http://compliance.iastate.edu/docs/PHSCOIDisclosure.docx

correctly. Using abiword, I am not able to display more than 1 page -- it is a
five page document with parts that have to be filled.

I am using the stable version on Fedora 18. I have had this issue a large number of times with other documents also, and I reported the bug but it has not even been assigned. This certainly is a blocker for me, since I can not even know if the document is 1 page or 5 pages or something else when it displays incorrectly.

Of course, I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Many thanks in advance!