Re: Abiword Documentation

From: Leon Stedman <leonukip_at_uwclub.net>
Date: Mon Aug 08 2016 - 14:03:02 CEST

David,
Good to hear from you again after more than a decade.

Pleased to have your approval for a rewrite, although I do not think that
a rewrite "from scratch" is the best idea. The framework is sound, and
obviously a lot of thought went into designing it over a dozen years ago.

I think that "drop-in" replacements for work in need of update and, in
some cases removal of some pages. Some pages will have to be written from
scratch where the facility did not exist years ago. This will have the
advantage of retaining the documentation during the update, even if some
of it is not accurate.

I beg the indulgence of developers if I have to ask inane questions to
assist me in preparing the documents such as:
When I select Execute from the tools menu the program returns "no scripts
found". Where does it look for scripts? What languages does it understand?
and what kind of thing can it do?

Leon Stedman
Secretary; UKIP South Suffolk Association
BREXIT will save our bacon. (and our fish, industry, jobs...)