Re: printing to postscript requires ghostscript

Eric W. Sink (eric@postman.abisource.com)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 16:01:15 -0600

> > More info: the current printing support is oriented around GhostScript.
> > AbiWord tries to find your installation of GhostScript so that it can
> > use its fontmap and AFM files. If you don't have one, or if AbiWord
> > doesn't find it, you get something similar to what you saw.
>
> Is that the way you want to do it? (Obviously that precludes
> a lot of platforms from using AbiWord)

No, that's not how we want to do it. That's why I said "the CURRENT
printing support".

> Also (for what it's worth) I *do* have ghostscript installed,
> and the .afm files are present, so that's not what's causing
> this particular problem.

It still might be. It's looking in a hard-coded set of locations,
and we've found that gs is not always installed where the current
code expects it to be. See src/ps/xp/ps_Fontmap.cpp.

As I said, we're working on fixing this.

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
eric@abisource.com