Re: 0.1.2 Compile errors

sterwill@io.nu
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 13:56:24 -0500 (CDT)

> >What version of wxWin is everyone using to compile this?
>
> We are compiling with wxGTK 1.95, Redhat 5.0/5.1 systems, gcc 2.7.2.3.

I'm using wxGTK 1.95, a libc 5.4.38 system, and EGCS 1.1b, and
libpthread 0.7, but threads disabled for wxGTK. Things seem to
build fine here, except I wouldn't recommend you use this C library
to build wxGTK. You might notice that on of the wxString constructors
(the one for wchar_t strings) calls wcstombs() with a NULL pointer,
and an argument to write 0 characters... well, that seems broken on
my system, so I hacked around it. This problem doesn't appear on any
glibc2 systems I've checked, but it may well have been fixed in libc
5.4.44 or up.

--
Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@abisource.com)