Re: compiling js

Brian E.W. Wood (beww@intac.com)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:36:25 -0500 (EST)

On 30-Oct-98 Markku Rossi wrote:
> > Weird. This problem might be Alpha-specific, but I'd hate to jump
> > to conclusions. Markku, do you have an experience with libjs
> > on Linux on Alpha?
>
> The bug is probably Alpha-specific. Currently, I don't have access to
> any 64bit machine, so I can't debug this myself. However, the thing
> will change RSN. Next week, I can debug this myself.
>
> BTW, someone out there with an Alpha. Could you please, try if the js
> works with the following configuration:
>
> ./configure --disable-jumps

Tried it, still get the same error.

The problem may in fact be alpha-specific or it may be a problem with egcs 1.1b
not building the js executable correctly (well obviously that's what's
happening but I mean it might not be the fault if the js code but rather the
compiler).

I'm looking into a full-time net connection so I'd be able to give folks access
to my alpha.

---
Brian E.W. Wood  beww@intac.com