Status

Dan Schreiber (dan@abisource.com)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:18:00 -0500

Quick note to everyone on the abiword-dev:

Sorry to have gone dark the last week or so. What's been happening here is
that we are re-implementing the internal data structures of AbiWord using
piece tables, and it is almost to the level it was for the demo at Open
Source Developer Day. Basic editing and layout will be available next week
sometime.

Also, we have pretty much settled on using a read-only mirrored CVS site
for continual access to the source code. Now we just need to set it up on
a machine anyone can have access to. However, don't expect this next week
necessarily.

We are also refining our milestone list and having design/spec discussions
regarding various features. We are in the process of writing these down
and submitting them for wider discussion.