Re: Fonts

Eric W. Sink (eric@abisource.com)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 20:42:51 -0600

Yes, the afm files are very, very necessary. They provide the font metrics
which are used for the purpose of text layout. Printing would be
impossible without those metrics.

I should describe our restriction to Type1 fonts as being a "current"
restriction. There is no reason why AbiWord could not be extended to
support TrueType, for example. We have no immediate plans to do so, but it
could be done.

--

Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman eric@abisource.com