Re: Fonts

Drazen Kacar (dave@srce.hr)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:13:06 +0200

Eric W. Sink wrote:

> AbiWord can only use PostScript Type1 fonts, and the .pfa and the .afm file
> must both be present. The Xlib APIs won't tell us which of its fonts are
> Type1.

There is one small thing which can be added here. It's not urgent, but
it would be nice.

AbiWord expects to find .pfa and .afm files in the same directory. All of
Type 1 fonts which come with Solaris have corresponding .afm files,
but they are in the afm subdirectory. I prefer this kind of directory
layout, because there isn't so much files in one directory and the
administration is easier. So it would be nice if AbiWord checked afm
subdirectory, too.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.