Tree overview

Eric W. Sink (eric@postman.abisource.com)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:16:38 -0500

1. We created new directory abi/src/af (application framework)
and moved all of the following into it:
ev
gr
util
xap

2. The contents of abi/src/ver moved into abi/src/wp/main/xp.
The version information for an app is specific to that app
now, not global to the tree.

3. Support files, other than code, which need to be installed
on the user's machine, are stored in abi/user. Items which
are too large to be practical do not necessarily go here,
such as the fonts.

4. Created new directory abi/src/text, which now contains the
text engine from AbiWord. This code has not yet been
truly made independent of AbiWord, but moving it there
reflects our intention to do so. This will allow us to
use the code for other AbiSuite apps.

5. Moved abi/src/require into abi/src/config.

6. Removed the no-longer-used abi/src/ps completely

7. Moved the contents of abi/src/wp/samples to abi/test/wp.

8. Moved abi/src/wp/roadmap.html to abi/docs

9. Note that abi/src is now strictly source code.

10. Moved expat out of the tree and made it a peer of
the 'abi' tree. Upgraded to jclark's latest version
of expat, and modified its build system to work well
with ours.

11. Removed abi/src/wp/tests, which was completely stale.

12. Purged the JavaScript stuff from the tree. It was quite
stale.

13. Added abi/src/hello, a new app called AbiHello, which is
designed to be a sample app which uses the AbiSource
Application Framework, which we sometimes call ASAP. :-)
This app still needs some work, and it is only supported
on Linux right now. A Win32 port will be added soon.
The intent is that this app could be used as a template
from which new AbiSuite apps could be started.

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
eric@abisource.com